The tennis school of AngelinaZ and Egor offers personalized training programs for both professional and recreational players who want to play tennis at the highest level and are willing to work hard for the realization of their dreams. The school requires total commitment and promises major advances in your game.
The primary task of our tennis school is to elevate the game of a healthy player, prepare for increasing velocities and pressures of modern tennis, while at the same time reducing the risk of sports injuries. We place our focus on providing highly individualized attention, leading to a harmonious and balanced development of intelligent players.
Our 2-4 hour daily programs are more than a series of one-on-one private sessions. We offer a physical, psychological, and emotional experience that improves your command of tennis and your overall physical conditioning. Every program is customized to address specific goals, enabling you to increase your level of playing and fitness. You will not only feel more powerful, you will be empowered to do more – and be more. Exercise, diet, and a healthy lifestyle are the cornerstones of our philosophy! These practices strengthen and inject positivity into all areas of your life.
AngelinaZ was ranked number 1 in the Ukraine and number 350 in the world before leaving WTA professional competition in 2000. Trained under Svetlana Medvedeva, the top Russian coach and mother of world-ranked number 4 Andrei Medvedev. Awarded a full tennis scholarship at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles at age 20. As a member of the LMU tennis team, achieved number 12 ranking in the U.S. in doubles, qualifying the team to go to NCAA for the first time in LMU's history. Led the team to victory in the WCC, beating Pepperdine University in the finals - another first for LMU.
Egor was ranked number 1 in Belarus and number 700 in the world before leaving the ATP professional competition in 2007. Obtained a full tennis scholarship at the Nick Bolletieri’s tennis academy. Team member of the Belarus Davis Cup team and vice champion of the European Team Cup Championship. Captain of the National Belarus girls team at the European Junior Championship under the age of 14, winning the bronze medal. Began full time coaching career in 2007, working for a year with Dariya Lebedsheva from Belarus and helping her achieve the #1 ranking in ETA. Worked with Ima Bogush who had a ranking of # 400 in WTA singles, and # 220 WTA in Doubles. Worked for a year with Varvara Flink, taking her from #1300 ITF ranking to #90 ITF ranking.
Key Elements of Our Program
- Determining your short- and long-term goals
- Identifying weaknesses
- Strokes development - forehand, inside out forehand, backhand, serve, short cross court, volleys, serve return, drop shot
- Technique development and theory
- Conditioning, physical development, and exercise drills
- Hitting practice
- Footwork and balance
- Stretching and flexibility
- Match Play
- Drills that cover all the aspects of the game
- Helping you to learn how to create winning opportunities during the game
Specific Areas of Instruction
- Forehand groundstroke
- Forehand volley drop shot
- Forehand half volley
- Backhand groundstroke (one hand & two hands)
- Backhand volley drop shot
- Backhand half volley
- Reverse forehand groundstroke
- Volley (forehand and backhand)
- Swinging volley (forehand and backhand)
- Slice (forehand and backhand)
- Serves: flat, topspin (kick serve), & slice
- Scissor kick overhead
- Serve return
- Passing shot
- Drop shots
- Inside out/in forehand
- Stance: neutral, open, semi-open, closed
- Grips: Continental, Eastern Forehand, Semi Western, Full Western
- Strategy (singles and doubles)
- Stretching & flexibility
- Mental discipline
- Improving self confidence
- Playing under pressure
- Determining your needs, setting short & long term goals
- Video analysis
- Tournament coaching
- Tournament traveling
- Equipment selection
- Racket stringing
- Ball machine
Our program is fun, competitive, and a great learning experience. We look forward to seeing you soon.